Boys

Boys

Thursday, December 20, 2012

18 Months

Wow!  My babies are half way to two.  I realize I say this in almost every post, but seriously where does the time go.  They are truly turning in to little boys and it is so amazing to watch.  Sometimes I can't wrap my head around it because to me they are still newborns.  I now get how my parents say that I will always be their baby.  The love for these kids is so unreal.   I don't know how my heart contiues to grow with each day, but it does.  They are so much fun at this age while also being very challenging.  Here are their stats.

Beckham

Weight: 22lbs (20%)
Height: 31in (10%)
Head: 18 1/2 (39%)

Somehow he has outgrown his brother in the weight department.  And I still don't understand how his head is bigger because if you are looking at them you would never guess that.  He is still the most giggly little boy. His laugh literally melts my heart.  I have several recordings of it so I will never forget.  He loves to dance.  He's got some pretty good moves too.  His favorite song these days is The Itsy Bitsy Spider.  Oh and The Wheels on the Bus. He is really good at the babies crying hand motions.  This kid loves to snack.  I really think he would rather have snacks than a real meal.  He is still pretty independent, but has recently starting standing up to his bully brother.  His new favorite word is no so that is constantly what he is telling Brody.  Oh or mine.  He has learned how to throw fits. I know I shouldn't, but I actually find them to be kind of cute.  He's is just my sweet innocent one so it is different to see him get all upset.  His vocabulary is expanding what seems like daily.  Still getting used to my babies communicating with me.  He is a total daddy's boy.  We show up to daycare and he will run right to his daddy like I'm not even there and like I'm not the one who threw up nonstop and carried him for 9 months.  Whatever kid.  I still love you with all my heart!!!

Brody

Weight: 21lbs 9oz (16%)
31 1/4in (14%)
Head: 18 (11%)

Oh Brody.  I'm pretty sure this is my payback kid.  He is a climber.  Anything and everything he wants to be up on top of it.  And then he wants to go head first off of it.  He finds this very humourous.  I on the other hand about go in to labor every time he does it.  We can pretty much no longer confine him to certain areas of the house because he has figured out how to open the baby gates.  He loves to scream. He loves to talk. And as of recently he loves to either push his brother or try and pull his legs.  One very important thing about him though is he is still the biggest lover.  He loves to be cuddled and kissed.  He really does love his brother I think he just has a different way of showing it at the moment.  He does still randomly go up and give him hugs or kisses.  He is really trying to talk.  We realized yesterday that he has been saying "what is that?". He points and asks.  This has made me come to realize they really are growing up.  He can ask questions now.  I'm not sure I'm ok with this. I know I know, I don't have a choice.  He loves The Itsy Bitsy Spider too and The Wheels on the Bus.  I'm pretty sure we sing it about 20 times a night.  He's not much of an eater.  Some nights he will really surprise us and devour his food. Others he just throws it to the dogs.  The nights he eats it's usually pizza.  He is still a total momma's boy!  It will be interesting when the baby comes.  I love you more than I can ever explain. 

The recent shootings have really hit hard for me.  Having children of my own now I feel like I can feel that pain so much deeper.  I really want to lock them up and never let them out of my sight.  I know that is not realistic.  As a mom all I want to do is protect them from everything.  I'm not sure how I can ever come to terms with the fact that that is just not possible.  I've spent a lot of time in prayer just asking for God to put his hands on them and keep them safe.  That's my only protection right now.  It will not be my choice when their time is up.  I think I need to spend more time in prayer to let go of that control.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.

 

5 comments:

Shanny said...

Beautiful family picture!

Prayer truly is the only thing we have control over, my heart breaks for those families... There are just no words.

Shanny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly said...

Such a cute pic! I haven't caught up on blogs lately, so I can't believe how big they are!

Faith said...

What an amazingly gorgeous family picture! I love it!!! And your boys sound like my two - total opposites in so many ways. I was so glad to hear another mom write that one of her kids' tantrums are actually cute...while the other one, not so much. I always feel guilty that my reaction to their tantrums is so different, but THEY are different, so it makes sense!

I'm with you on the shooting and the deep impact now that I am a parent. Makes me sick, literally. If I could lock them up and not risk their long term mental health, you know I would!

Anonymous said...

Love this picture! Miss my boys..and you guys too. I almost teared up reading that they are talking so much. -Melissa

"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. John 9:3