Boys

Boys

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Careful What You Wish For

So in my previous post I said that I pretty much didn't want to have Christmas this year. Well guess what. I got my wish. We got almost 2 ft of snow througout Christmas Eve, with about 5 ft snow drifts. Needless to say we pretty much got stuck at home. The Christmas Eve festivities at my grandpa's house were cancelled for the first time since I've been alive. We finally shoveled our way out mid morning Christmas day and try to head to my parents house. Everywhere we would turn there would be a car stuck. So we just went on to my in laws house. We spent the entire day there because my families festivities were about 40 miles away and we didn't want to chance it. I came home bawling because I was so upset that for the first time in 27 years I didn't get to spend Christmas with my family. My amazing husband surprised me though. He had called my parents, sister, and niece and nephew and asked them if they could come to our house. They showed up about 8:00pm. I was so excited. I love my family. That day made me realize how much I need them. Christmas is so different these days. I miss the days when it was about family (and Jesus of course). The older you get the more things really do change. I will never wish away a Christmas again. I am so blessed in my life and extremely grateful for what I have.


I thought I would include some pictures from the great snow storm of 2009.
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. John 9:3