Boys

Boys

Sunday, October 3, 2010

22 Shots Down

22 shots down and roughly 32 more to go. This is being very hopeful that if I am pregnant that they will switch the progesterone shot to a suppository or a pill. I started my stimulation shots yesterday. I take my Gonal F at 6am and then my Repronex and Lupron at 6pm. I was super nervous because these were new shots and I had been told that the Repronex had been known to burn. I also was pretty nervous because the Repronex I had to mix myself. I had a minor freak out moment when I was trying to load the syringe with the liquid and it wouldn't stay pulled back. It just kept suctioning back. But I got it all figured out. My hands were shaking as I mixed it all. I got the needle in and braced myself for major burn. NOTHING! It was so simple, other than it taking longer because it is more liquid. Now I feel like I did something wrong though lol.

I have to admit, this process has been really easy. The money and just getting the meds have been the only stressful parts. I expected to be over the top maxed on stress level. I don't know if it is just because we have been through so much, that I'm excited to be at this point or If I'm finally just letting it all go. Either way I feel like my life has returned to a somewhat normal (fertile) life. And yes I realize how contradicting that sounds.

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; Do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8

God is Good!!!!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey... It is lovey from tww. So glad to see you on your IVF journey! I haven't checked your blog in awhile. Wanted to wish you the best! Best decision I ever made. I felt the same way about the process. It really went so smoothly and I was oddly calm about everything. I think it is God giving us peace in the midst of the storm. Just keep sitting back and letting Him fight the battle and trust in the Lord!!!

We just found out we are having twin GIRLS!!!! God is Good!

LisaB said...

Good luck from lisab in your Oct group! :D

"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. John 9:3